Slim By Nature Pty Ltd (“Slim By Nature,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) invites you to access and use our websites, including, without limitation, www.slimbynature.com.au and https://www.activatedbynature.com.au (the “Websites”).
Any user who registers with us (each, a “Registered User”) and wishes to purchase a product or service through one of our Websites, is agreeing to the terms of this Agreement and the accompanying Terms and Conditions of Purchase with respect to such product or service. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of Purchase, the Terms and Conditions of Purchase shall prevail.
- Use of our Websites
(a) We provide Visitors and Registered Users with access to the Services as described below.
(b) Visitors are people who do not register with us, but want to explore the Websites. No login is required for Visitors. Visitors can: (i) view all publicly-available content on the Websites; and (ii) email us.
(c) Registered Users can do all the things that Visitors can do, and:
- purchase products and services through one of our Websites;
- access exclusive content available only to Registered Users;
- create, access, manage, and update their own personal accounts on the Websites;
- post comments and other content on the Websites (collectively, “Registered User Content”);
- sign up for our various programs;
- sign up for alerts and other notifications; and
- become part of the Slim By Nature community.
- Community Guidelines
By accessing and/or using the Websites, you agree to comply with these community guidelines (the “Community Guidelines”) and further agree that:
(a) you will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Websites and will not use the Websites for any unlawful purpose;
(b) you will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
(1) infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
(2) is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, promotes violence, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity; or
(3) discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
(c) you will not stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass another person;
(d) you will not spam or use the Websites or their content to engage in any commercial activities;
(e) if you post any Registered User Content, you will stay on topic;
(f) you will not access or use the Websites to collect any market research for a competing business;
(g) you will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(h) you will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Websites through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Websites through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
(i) you will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features (e.g., report abuse button) on the Websites;
(j) you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Websites for any purpose without our express written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Websites for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
(k) you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
(l) you will let us know about inappropriate content of which you become aware. If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it.
- Access to the Websites
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these Community Guidelines.
(a) The Websites are only available for individuals aged 13 years or older.
(b) If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
3.2. Sign-in Name, Password and Unique Identifiers
(a) During the registration process for Registered Users, we will ask you to create an account, which includes a sign-in name (“Sign-In Name”), a password (“Password”), and perhaps certain additional information that will assist in authenticating your identity when you log-in in the future (“Unique Identifiers”).
(b) When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information.
(c) Each Sign-In Name and corresponding Password can be used by only one Registered User, and sharing your access credentials with others (especially if they are using your credentials to access our proprietary Content (as defined below)) is a material breach of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Sign-In Name, Password, and Unique Identifiers, as well as for any use, misuse, or communications entered through the Websites using one or more of them.
(d) You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a Password or Sign-In Name, or change any Unique Identifier.
(e) We reserve the right to delete or change your Password, Sign-In Name, or Unique Identifier at any time and for any reason and shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage caused by such action.
- Fees and Payment
(a) In consideration for any purchase you make on the Websites, you shall pay Slim By Nature all applicable fees and taxes.
(b) We (or our third-party payment processor) shall authorize your credit card, bank account, or other approved payment facility you provided during the registration process for the full payment of the fees and any applicable taxes, and you hereby consent to the same.
(c) If the mailing address you provided us is in Australia, all payments will be charged and made in Australian dollars. If the mailing address you provided us is outside Australia or any of its possessions or territories, all payments will be charged and made in your local currency.
(d) You must provide current, complete, and accurate billing and credit card information.
(e) You must promptly update all billing information (such as billing address, card number, and expiration date) to keep your account current, complete, and accurate, and you must promptly contact us if your credit card is lost or stolen, or if you become aware of a potential breach of account security (such as an unauthorised disclosure or use of your Sign-In Name or Password).
(f) You hereby authorize Slim By Nature to obtain or determine updated or replacement expiration dates for your credit card in the event that the credit card you provided us expires.
(g) We reserve the right to charge any renewal card issued to you to the same extent as the expired card.
(h) If payment is not received from your credit card issuer, you hereby agree to pay all amounts due upon demand.
(i) You agree to pay all costs of collection, including attorney’s fees and costs, on any outstanding balance. In certain instances, the issuer of your credit card may charge you a foreign transaction fee or related charges, which you will be responsible to pay. You are advised to check with your bank and credit card issuer for details.
- Intellectual Property
(a) The Websites contain material, such as videos, coursework, lesson plans, training modules, photographs, software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, and other material provided by or on behalf of Slim By Nature (collectively, the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or third parties. The Content is protected under both Australian and foreign laws. Unauthorised use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
(b) Visitors may view all publicly-available Content for their own personal, non-commercial use.
(c) Registered Users who have purchased any product or service, may download onto their own machines and view any Content contained in such purchased product or service for their own personal, non-commercial use.
(d) Other than as expressly set forth in the immediately two prior sentences, you have no other rights in or to the Content (other than your own Registered User Content that you post to the Websites), and you will not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement.
(e) No other use is permitted without our prior written consent.
(f) We retain all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Content.
(g) You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content.
(h) You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
(i) The use or posting of the Content on any other website, social media page, or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
(j) If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Websites automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
(k) The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Slim By Nature (the “Slim By Nature Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Websites are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Slim By Nature.
(l) Other company, product, and service names located on the Websites may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks,” and, collectively with Slim By Nature Trademarks, the “Trademarks”).
(m) Nothing on the Websites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use.
(n) Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Slim By Nature Trademarks inures to our benefit.
(o) Elements of the Websites are protected by trademark, unfair competition, and other State and Commonwealth laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors.
(p) None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
- Registered User Content and Licenses
(a) As noted above, the Websites provide Registered Users the ability to post and upload Registered User Content.
(b) You expressly acknowledge and agree that once you submit your Registered User Content for inclusion into the Websites, it will be accessible by others, and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to such Registered User Content, including, without limitation, any personally identifying information that you may make available.
(c) You, and not Slim By Natures, are entirely responsible for all your registered user content that you upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit via the Websites.
(d) You retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your own Registered User Content.
(e) You do, however, hereby grant us and our sublicensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, freely sublicensable, perpetual license to modify, compile, combine with other content, copy, record, synchronize, transmit, translate, format, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use or exploit (including for profit) your Registered User Content and all intellectual property and moral rights therein throughout the universe, in each case, by or in any means, methods, media, or technology now known or hereafter devised.
(f) You also grant us and our sublicensees the right, but not the obligation, to use your Registered User Content, your Sign-In Name, name, likeness, and photograph in connection with any use of the related Registered User Content permitted by the previous sentence and/or to advertise and promote the Websites, Slim By Nature, and our products and services.
(g) Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that uses of your Registered User Content, name, likeness, and photograph permitted by the foregoing rights and licenses may include the display of such Registered User Content, name, likeness, and photograph adjacent to advertising and other material or content, including for profit.
(h) If you submit Registered User Content to us, each such submission constitutes a representation and warranty to Slim By Nature that such Registered User Content is your original creation (or that you otherwise have the right to provide the Registered User Content), that you have the rights necessary to grant the license to the Registered User Content under the prior paragraph, and that it and its use by Slim By Nature and its content partners as permitted by this Agreement does not and will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property or moral rights of any person or contain any libelous, defamatory, or obscene material or content that violates our Community Guidelines.
- Communications with Us
(a) Although we encourage you to email us, we do not want you to, and you should not, email us any content that contains confidential information.
(b) With respect to all emails and communications you send to us, including, but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production, and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information without compensation or attribution to you.
- No Warranties and Limitations of Liability
(a) You acknowledge and agree that:
(1) the Websites and the content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind, including that the Websites will operate error-free or that the Websites, their servers, or the content are free of computer viruses or similar contamination or destructive features.
(2) the information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Websites may include inaccuracies or typographical errors;
(3) changes are periodically made to the information contained on the Websites, and that we and/or our suppliers may continue to make improvements and/or changes to the Websites at any time;
(4) all information or advice received via the Websites is of a general nature and should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions;
(5) we recommend you consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation;
(6) we and/or our suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained on the Websites for any purpose;
(7) if you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Websites, or with any of the terms of this Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Websites.
(b) To the full extent permitted by law:
(1) all information, advice, software, products, services and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind;
(2) we and/or our suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement;
(3) we exclude all liability in respect of loss of data, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages;
(4) we exclude and disclaim all representations, warranties, conditions or terms (whether express or implied), including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose and any warranties arising from a course of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade; in connection with any warranty, contract, or common law tort claims, and we and our licensors shall not be liable for any:
(A) incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to access and use the Websites or the content, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages; and
(B) direct damages that you may suffer as a result of your use of the Websites or the content shall be limited to the fees you have paid us in connection with any purchases you have made from us during the three (3) months immediately preceding the events giving rise to the claim;
(5) we and/or our suppliers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Websites, with the delay or inability to use the Websites or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Websites, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Websites, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if we or any of our suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
(c) This Agreement is to be read subject to any legislation which prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions, guarantees or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability in respect of any claim to, at our option:
(1) in the case of goods:
(A) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
(B) the repair of the goods;
(C) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
(D) the payment of having the goods repaired, and
(2) in the case of services:
(A) the supply of the services again; or
(B) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
(d) The Websites may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors or omissions. Unless required by applicable laws, we are not responsible for any such typographical, technical, or pricing errors listed on the Websites.
(e) The Websites may contain information on certain products and services, not all of which are available in every location. A reference to a product or service on the websites does not imply that such product or service is or will be available in your location.
(f) We reserve the right to make changes, corrections, and/or improvements to the Websites at any time without notice.
- External Sites
(a) The Websites may contain links to third-party websites (“External Sites”).
(b) These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Sites.
(c) The content of such External Sites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Sites.
(d) We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Sites and do not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such External Sites.
(e) You should take precautions when downloading files from all Websites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs.
(f) If you decide to access linked External Sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Representations, Warranties and Indemnification
(a) If you are a Registered User, you hereby represent, warrant, and covenant that:
(1) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to all trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary, privacy, and publicity rights in and to your Registered User Content and any other works that you incorporate into your Registered User Content, and all the rights necessary to grant the licenses and permissions you grant hereunder;
(2) use of your Registered User in the manners contemplated in this Agreement shall not violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, contractual, or other rights of any third party; and
(3) you shall not submit to the Website any Registered User Content that violates our Community Guidelines set forth above or any other term of this Agreement.
(b) You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, licensees, and assigns harmless from and against any damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, claims, actions, and/or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from:
(1) your breach of this Agreement;
(2) your misuse of the Content or the Websites; and/or
(3) your violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity, or privacy right.
(c) We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
(d) We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control (at your expense) of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
- Compliance with applicable laws
(a) The Websites are based in Australia.
(b) We make no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of Australia.
(c) If you access the Websites or the Content from outside of Australia, you do so at your own risk.
(d) Whether inside or outside of Australia, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
- Termination of the Agreement
(a) We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Websites, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability.
(b) We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Websites at any time without prior notice or liability.
(c) The following sections shall survive any termination of this Agreement: “Fees and Payment” (until you pay all fees and taxes due hereunder), “Intellectual Property,” “Registered User Content and Licenses,” “Communications with Us,” “No Warranties and Limitation of Liability,” “Representations, Warranties; and Indemnification,” “Termination of the Agreement,” “Controlling Law,” “Binding Arbitration,” “Class Action Waiver,” “Equitable Relief,” and “Miscellaneous.”
- Governing law
(a) This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
(b) You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
- Equitable relief
(a) You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of our intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, we will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement.
(b) We may, without waiving any other remedies under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect our rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above.
(a) Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement.
(b) No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance.
(c) Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter.
(d) The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import.
(e) This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.