We’re not sure about you, but at Slim by Nature we LOVE Summer and we’re very excited with the distinct warming of the weather. At this time of year, when we’ve been through all the mid-year hassles of school holidays, taxes, the seemingly inevitable clump of birthday’s in the middle of the year and the day-in day-out monotony of business, we start to look to ‘The Summer Holiday’. Possibly the best three words in the English Dictionary. Excitement starts to build. Then sinks quickly – bikinis, DT’s, strappy dresses or singlets. But it doesn’t have to be that way – get excited because it’s 4 weeks until Summer and here is your guide to being ready!
- First and foremost, love who you are right this minute. You are uniquely you. There is no one else like you on this planet and you are amazing, just as you are.
- With that little boost of self love (go on, give yourself a high five in the mirror), give your body the love it needs by cutting back on alcohol, sugar and processed foods. It takes a lot longer for your body to break down these foods, so it doesn’t work on healing itself. When the body is healed it blesses you with shiny hair, clear skin and no bloating. You deserve it.
- Breathe in that fresh air! Get outside in the longer evenings and just go for a walk. Don’t stress, it doesn’t have to be running at high speed for hours, you just need to get moving. Call your girlfriend (or a mate) and say you want to catch up for a chat. Then head to the nearest river, beautiful lake, park, beach or other picturesque view and start walking and talking.
- Drink like a fish. Water, that is. This cleansing ale will do just that – clean your body of toxins and flush out any nasties lurking in your system from Winter. We get you’ll be needing to go to the toilet every hour – but think of it as a break from work. If you need some motivation, get yourself a funky water bottle.
- Right now, as you’re reading this, we want you to think that there is an invisible string lifting up out of the crown of your head and you’re being pulled upwards by it. The result? You’ve engaged your core to bring your lower back into a more natural position and you’ve lifted your chest to enable more lung capacity. If you think about this regularly (how about setting a calendar reminder?), you’ll strengthen you core muscles and rest those pesky shoulder muscles that contort to give you tension headaches.
It’s not rocket science – we know that and you know that. So we know you can do it and you do too. So stop freaking out about Summer and get excited like us!
If you want a little kick-start to be prepared this Summer, jump online and see our starter kit, it’s perfect for those who can’t exercise due to injury, or call us on 1800 727 628.
P.S. Remember that string we talked about at number 5? That’s it – gently stretch 😉