Get ready for Risotto Heaven!
- 1 litre prepared bone/vegetable broth
- 1 Brown Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup water with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 400g Portobello mushrooms, coarsest chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Penny Bun Salt
- Brown the onion on medium-high heat, in a non-stick pan with a splash of water to cover the pan. Cook until tender.
- Stir in the rice until coated.
- Stir in the water/apple cider mixture and cook until evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of prepared broth and stir gently until absorbed into the rice.
- Season with Penny Bun Salt to taste in between ladles.
- Repeat with the remaining broth until the rice is nearly fully cooked.
- In a separate pan, cook garlic until fragrant on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add splashes of water to the pan when necessary.
- Add half of the chopped parsley and save the remainder for garnish.
- Stir the cooked mushrooms into the risotto.
- Serve and season with parsley, Penny Bun Salt, and pepper to taste.
with love by sbn team