Almond Butter Blondies – recipe
As most of you will know by now, our programs are not a quick fix; they are a positive lifestyle change. Through unique products, education, and support, we want to teach you how to live well – and the kilos lost are just a bonus!
Balance is key; so we have collated a series of delicious, post-detox baked goods that you can create at home. Don’t miss out on sweet treats in your life, but also don’t feel guilty about them! It’s time to live well, live balanced and live healthy – because health is true beauty.
ALMOND BUTTER BLONDIES
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup coconut sugar (or for a lighter option, stevia brand of choice with correct conversion)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips
1 cup natural almond butter
3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a square baking tray (approx 22cm) with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water; mixing gently until a gel-like consistency starts to form. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add almond butter, coconut sugar (or stevia), vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Mix well until a batter is formed.
- To the batter, add in the chia ‘egg’ that was set aside earlier and mix well.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips (or sugar-free chocolate chips).
- Gently pour the batter into the lined baking tray. Use a spatula to smooth the top and evenly disperse the batter.
- Bake the blondies for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
These blondies are absolutely delicious! Let us know if you give them a try, and in the meantime keep an eye out for more mouthwatering creations to come.