Healthy recipes for a healthy you!
Exercise alone won’t help you lose weight fast. Eating 300 calorie chicken dish is also necessary in shedding some pounds. If you’re craving for delectable chicken meals that are nutritious and low on calorie and sodium, Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry is a must-try healthy recipes that you will surely love.
Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
1 lemon or orange
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 bunch scallions (cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts separated)
2 cups snow peas (stems and string removed)
10 ounces mushrooms
1 cup carrots (sliced diagonally)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed and cut into 1-inch)
- Grate or grind 1 teaspoon lemon zest (can be substituted with orange) and set aside. Extract the liquid from the lemon/orange and whip 3 tablespoons of the juice with the chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Boil the oil in a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir from time to time until it is cooked (4-5 minutes). Remove and place the chicken on a plate.
- Put the mushrooms and carrots into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Add the snow peas, scallion (white), garlic and the lemon/orange zest. Stir and cook (about 30 seconds) until savory.
- Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan. Cook and stir until it is thick (2-3 minutes). Add the scallion (green) and the cooked chicken. Stir until cooked.
Makes 4 servings.
A 300 calorie chicken dish plus the right form of exercise are what you need to achieve a perfect bod. Thus, incorporating Zumba workouts and 26 day SBN program in your regimen will definitely help you lose weight fast.